Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Logical V. Emotional. Round 1.

Happy Tuesday!
Survived microbiology this morning... even with comments from classmates like, "What is 0 degrees celsius in English?" and seeing the girl next to me literally fall asleep sitting up.
Now back home, shoveling in lunch and hoping to fit in some exercise before I bust out of the only jeans I own. Awesome.
On a more positive note, I am so proud of my sister Kristen for signing up for the
Tri-for-a-Cure! It's an incredible cause that I know my whole family really believes in and she'd definitely be grateful for any donations. Check out her site at: http://T5K2011.kintera.org/kbuck
Ooooo and loved one of Gretchen Rubin's recent "Happiness Project" posts: http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2011/02/my-first-splendid-truth-is-to-tackle-happiness-you-must-think-about-feeling-good-feeling-bad-and-feeling-right-in-an-atm.html
(If I could rename this hyperlink, I totally would. Apologies). In summary, always set your sights on the happiness you can anticipate for various reasons in your life. Don't lose sight of the great moments of the present, but if you are feeling down, remember that there is almost always a light at the end of the tunnel. And scatter fun things to look forward to along the way!
Guess I'm thinking about this a lot given the current situation for me and Chris with school and the job. You know, the ever looming possibility of going back to a year and a half of long distance after already making it through one year of long distance and then being able to enjoy seeing each other every day for the past seven months. Nothing is set and stone but given that neither of us wants to make a poor choice that we'll regret later on, it looks like we both need to do what we need to do to make the most out of our careers and schooling. So hilariously, the girl who moved to the midwest for the boy might be alone in the midwest without the boy. Wrap your brain around that one.
No but seriously... I'm really doing my best to try a new strategy where I focus on the fact that a lot of hard work has been put into this whole nursing school mayhem and I am certainly not willing to give up on it now. Likewise, he has worked hard to get where he is and deserves to be happy too.
And I mean, it's not like a deployment right? Plenty of couples go through this all the time and make it just fine. I hope we get to join the ranks of those strong people :) Of course, the emotional side of my brain and the rational side are both duking it out like never before because I am beyond terrified of all of this... which is silly, given I have been independent and single for most of my adult life and know how to function just fine, right? Think logically, Mariah. Logically!
A few questions to ponder (and I would welcome any feedback):
1) Has anyone gone from being apart to being together to being back apart? And if so, is there a happy ending?
2) Has anyone had to live 100% off of loans post college without the support of a working significant other/spouse or parent? Is it relatively easy to be approved without a co-signer at 25?
3) Would this be worth it to anyone out there? Would anyone else put their dreams before their significant other for a brief amount of time in the hopes that it would set you up for a brighter, happier, more secure future?
I would love to hear your thoughts.
Much love,
"Wearing my big girl pants in the midwest." XO

5 comments:

  1. First things first, feeling terrified is NOT silly. I can't imagine if someone told me, "You know how good it's been to live with Erin? TIME OUT!" You both deserve to follow your dreams, and yes, "it looks like we both need to do what we need to do to make the most out of our careers and schooling."

    That sucks, plain and simple. From what I've seen of your relationship, you can make it work. You two are committed to each other, and I think the passion you have for careers and love will find you a solid place in the middle.

    Much love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers Emotional Fitness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers! Emotional Fitness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web
    site, how could i subscribe for a blog site?
    click here to know more about Key Features of Enterprise Mobility Solution

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to always get updated great site !
    click here to know more about Key Features of Enterprise Mobility Solution





    ReplyDelete