Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Early Mornings...

I love being awake in the morning, right when it's starting to get light out but the sky is still painted like some sort of watercolor. It reminds me of those Folger's commercials where there is a smiling girl or guy in a bathrobe who looks out the window and waves to a neighbor and then sits and drinks their coffee which makes their smile even bigger. It also reminds me of school and school buses and how I loved both when I was little....and school and school buses remind me of fall, which reminds me of foliage and apples and pumpkins... mmm. I digress.
It is Wednesday which means in two days I get to see Miss Meliss in Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!! And that makes me very very happy :) I have never been and while it will be a bit of a whirlwind tour, it's absolutely worth it. So now I just have to make it through to Friday- which means my first Stats and A&P tests. Oh good lord. Please send positive thoughts into the universe. I am doing all the work and studying hard so I'm hoping that means something for me in the end. And actually, it feels really good to have to think hard and push my brain out of its comfort zone. Especially since we are out of blueberries and normally I just pop a few of those to keep the mush intact. Not even kidding... ummmm antioxidants?
So here's another exciting fact... last night our doorbell rang. Now I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but you would've thought it was Christmas morning. We're sitting on the couch playing with the T-Pain Auto Tune App (more on this later), the doorbell rings, we stare at each other (totally confused) and go, "ummm.... should we get that?" We eventually decide we should and when we go downstairs there is this super friendly woman from the neighborhood handing us a flyer for a Pitch In! I just about died. A get to know your neighbor party! BYO beverage and a dish to share! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I think I thanked her 90 times, asked if we could do anything, offered up my dissection/beer pong table, told her we'd be there and then damn near squealed when we shut the door. I have always dreamed of being in a neighborhood like the one I grew up in where people just mill around outside and chat, kids play together, and if you need a cup of sugar, you don't even knock, you just walk right in the person's house. Ok, slight embellishment at the end there. I'll admit it. We used to knock. Anyway, I think it'll be really nice to spend time getting to know our neighbors and hopefully there will be a great turnout.
Now back to the T-Pain Auto Tune App... which I know you're all dying to hear about. Basically, there is a new app online that you can download which makes your voice sound like T-Pain's. I cannot write out what that sounds like so if you don't know, the good lord (or some computer guy) invented Google, soooo use it. Anyway, Chris discovered this and I think he had us sing upwards of ten songs into his phone so that he could mutate our voices. I left him downstairs for about ten minutes and while I was upstairs could hear him singing all by himself. Hahahah... I had to laugh because it's so what I would've done. I've used my phone for songwriting so much it's absurd. Anyhow, good to know we're capable of self-entertainment in this house.
ANNNNND I would like to let the world know that we had REALLY good food last night that we COOKED. Steak marinated in Caribbean Jerk sauce, peppers, salad (with feta, cranberries, walnuts and balsamic), and rice. Then for dessert (orrrr just more snacks) we had homemade pretzels!!!! I'm going to have to start taking pictures or something because I KNOW nobody believes us.
Last but not least, I need to learn how to play this guitar. It's sitting, staring at me. And I really, really want to know how to play it. I am going to be patient (very hard for me) and keep looking up strategies and chords online. Will give you the update on that soon.
OOOO OOO one more thing... please check out my friend Ashley's blog because she is an AWESOME chef/baker and her cupcakes are really starting to take off. Follow her blog and salivate everyday like I do. No seriously, I've eaten her food many times and she is a rockstar.
http://www.aisforashleyrebecca.blogspot.com/
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. we can have a video-gchat-guitar lesson anytime you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney! I was just practicing via youtube instruction :) But I LOVE your idea!!! Hahaha... let's do it! PS I fail as a friend for not being around for your call after we tried to set up a time. BOO I will try you again tonight. XO

    ReplyDelete