Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Gods Have It Out For Me

Honest to God, when I say that there is a higher power who has it out for me, I do not jest.

So today I get up, do some school work, do some errands and then head downtown to campus to get a few forms filled out/find out about health insurance. I get there and I swear to you, it must've been a block party. Totally discouraged, I drove away and headed to Starbucks to study more. The upside to this is that all the Pumpkin Spice lattes and treats are out now which makes my whole heart happy. Very indicative of Fall :)

Ok fast forward. Two hours later I am driving to go nanny and SLAM, I hit a rock, pothole, small creature, WHO KNOWS WHAT and my tire starts to hiss. Yes, the new tire I just got before driving to Indiana. The tire that costs around $75. Super. This is good since I have not received a paycheck in seven weeks. How people move all the time is beyond me. I am going to start buying scratch tickets or whistling on the side of the road for money soon.

So I pull into Whole Foods and am on my hands and knees, in a DRESS, jacking up my car. Halfway through the process, a very nice man stops to offer his help. Normally I reject help because I am too much of a feminist and like to change my own tire but at this point I was covered in grease and late for work. So he helped. Now I have a rickety little donut on my car. What have I accomplished today?
1) No health insurance- still.
2) No front right tire- just a donut.
3) No forms filled out at Ivy.
4) A bump on my head from where I hit it on the corner of a table trying to plug something in this morning.
5) A living room filled with treats and presents for a boyfriend who isn't even home on his bday.
6) Wine in my hand. I like that part.

Sigh.
Tomorrow is another day....

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment