Friday, October 8, 2010

Great Week, Memorable Quotes, Fun Ahead

I pat myself on the back as I say that this has been my best week in Indiana so far. Something happened this week where my attitude started to shift (I could literally feel it happen). I don't know if it was sitting with Chris and finally talking about ideas for next year with school and jobs, being able to be honest about what has been good and what has been hard so far about this transition, or just starting to adjust to everything around me... but however it happened, it certainly feels good. Capped it off with a good run on Thursday and am finally starting to feel like I can dominate this 10k with Holly in three weeks. Annnnnd classes/tests/hw this week went pretty well too :) Midterms next week (can you believe it? I can't)... wish me luck!

Ok blah blah blah, I know that while my own poignant moments of self-realization and happiness are truly thrilling for you readers, what you really want is something to laugh about. Am I right, or am I right? I think I will start you off with the quote of the week:



Little girl I babysit (4 y/o): "Mariah, how are those millions of kids coming that I asked you for?"

Me: "I'll be honest, they're not going to show up any time soon, friend."

Little girl I babysit: "Hasn't anyone put an egg in you yet?"


Let me stop right here. At this point, I damn near choked on my soda. But I did my best to remain calm and collected.


Me: "Hmm, an egg?"

Little girl I babysit: "Ya! Like the chickens. Chickens need to have an egg put in so that an egg comes out and I think people are like chickens. Or MAYBE we're like worms and can just cut ourselves in half!" (Maniacal giggle).

Me: "WHO IS TELLING YOU THIS STUFF????"



Moving right along....

A guilty secret is that when this little girl decides to wrap her arms around my lower leg so that I can drag her around the house, I let her and write it off as my gluteal work out. Buns of steel in no time. Wildy inappropriate, I apologize.

And finally:

I was told today that I am an adult who wants to be a kid. I acknowledge the truth in this statement and realize that life will be easier once I have children to blame my interests on. "Ohhhh, Frankie is just DYING to go to the pumpkin patch and haunted house and apple picking and to the zoo and to the corn maze and......" Yup. Not as normal when a 25 year old makes the request. Also? Child will not be named Frankie. Nothing against the name Frankie, I just know it won't realistically happen.



But enough about that.



Right now Chris is upstairs taking a nap... when he comes back downstairs he will probably notice that the sliding doors are covered in construction paper bats, pumpkins and ghosts. And that I have taken a huge chunk out of the raw cookie dough in the fridge which has "DO NOT CONSUME RAW" typed all over it. Mmmmm. So good.



I have absolutely no rhyme or reason to my thoughts right now....... they are helter skelter. I apologize. My brain is fried from studying this week. And I am probably crashing down for some sugar high.



Oh oh... a few other things before I forget:

1) I successfully cooked a Thai Red Curry Chicken and Shrimp dish on Wednesday night. The house is still standing and the food was edible. Go me.



2) Chris and I watched Halloween: H20 on Monday night and he left me at the scariest part of the movie to go watch some ridiculous YouTube video about the Return of the Quack (some Oregon football team thing I think). I demanded his return, though, and he kindly obliged so that I could hide my face in his arm like a 5 year old. That was fun :)



3) Mer, Sam, Chris and I went to Trivia last night and for the first time in three weeks, we did not place. We were all visibly upset.



4) My to-do list this weekend probably requires an extra five days. That is incredibly unfortunate.



5) I am starting to see some pretty gorgeous fall foliage when I'm out and about. This makes me smile.



6) I can move my neck.



7) I am staring longingly at my guitar right now, wishing I could just skip the whole learning part and play the damn thing already.



8) I miss speaking Spanish. If you speak Spanish, call me. Like immediately.



That is all............so to summarize- a good week filled with goal accomplishing, fall appropriate activities, laughter and good energy. Huzzah.



A thought for you to contemplate: Do you remember when you were five and you wanted to be like 15 different things when you grew up? Do you ever feel that way now? Because I do daily. For example, on my bucket list, I basically want to be a pediatric nurse practitioner and save the children, become a singer/songwriteer, publish children's books, own a chocolate shop in Switzerland and simultaneously speak Spanish while tap dancing while lying on a beach in Tahiti. Sigh. I hope I live to be 200.
That is all friends. I am off to raid the fridge of more cookie dough. Shhh....
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment