Monday, May 9, 2011

Let's Have Fun Today :)

So after a great morning with my three Spanish classes and with the sun shining brightly, I am feeling like a fun post is in order. Well, I don't know that EVERYONE will think this is fun, but maybe those of you with a flair for interior design or art will enjoy :)




So Chris and I finally decided on a decorating style that BOTH of us like. I always talk about how I like things that have character and are more "homey or country." Chris likes more modern but still cozy and comfortable.... So we scratched our heads and tried to figure out what a combo of those two styles were, and low and behold, Chris found the perfect one! It is known as "rustic contemporary" and has all the feel of a cozy log cabin or Colorado/Vermont hideaway with the modern appliances and sleek finish that allows for a little extra kick of style. We love the exposed beams, stone and brick, and cool lofts... and I can just picture bright flowers and warm candles. Now granted, we certainly won't have anything nearly this elaborate in our apartment in Arizona, mostly just fun appliances or accessories that we get crafty with while we start out. But SOMEDAY, maybe, we will be able to take a few of these ideas! What do you think?






3 comments:

  1. These pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Oh my goodness. That is a style I personally love.

    I totally commiserate about conflicting styles. I love this sort of cabin-y / English Library feel and Mike is all about the clean modern spaces. It is encouraging to know that a compromise can be found!

    Hope all is well with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I was afraid we'd never compromise and then we found the perfect blend of both styles. So it can be done :) Just takes some patience and searching!

    Hope all is well with you too my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are all gorgeous! I love this style, too. I'm glad you found a midpoint! :)

    ReplyDelete