Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ramble.

The thing about manicotti is, unless you blow on each individual piece (regardless of whether or not it is hot or cold), a one-year old will immediately eject it from his mouth. This is a fun, psychological game toddlers play. So a lunch which should be fairly quick ends up taking about 30 minutes. Good.
This is my day so far... a good one, certainly. But also sort of hilarious and patience-inducing.
In between the manicotti feedings and singing to soothe, I've been pounding out as much homework as I can. This week has been a little brutal school-work wise. And I still need to dissect a chicken wing and take two quizzes. Why am I blogging then, you ask? Because I can. Because if I sit and stare at a statistics book for much longer, I will burn it and throw it out a window and that is not productive. Plus, last night I had a dream that I took my fetal pig out of its bag, went to start a dissection and then watched it run and jump off a ledge. Too much studying.
On a more exciting note, Chris and I had a date night last night (at the Olive Garden which we loooooooove) and then as a surprise, he got me a guitar stand and case! He says it's because I did a good job on my 10k over the weekend- if he had seen me huffing and puffing up the hill on mile 6, he probably would've gotten me a gym membership and thrown away all the Halloween candy that we still have. But I prefer this :)
Another cool thing is that tonight is my first real Red Cross training to do Client Casework and Disaster Relief. I figured it'd be a great way to learn valuable skills, get involved with my community, and maybe meet some cool people. I will report in on how that goes. Especially after 10 hours of babysitting.
Alright, folks, that's about all I've got. Just thought I'd ramble and entertain you for a second.
P.S.- has anyone driven 70-W to St. Louis and seen the enormous, house-sized cross while listening to one of the five country stations on the radio? This is truly God's country out here, lol. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. There are other stations out there...ask Wu, we drove that way for the Sweet 16.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even believe it. I searched high and low. Maybe it was a sign....

    ReplyDelete